Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Have you ever tried to Multi-task?

I wake up each day knowing that I have things that need to get done. Get the kids up, feed and out the door. Make a mess getting lunches together, then cleaning the mess. What’s for Dinner? I need to sweep, mop and vacuum.  The list can go on until you feel like you may need a nap because of all of the things that you are thinking about doing today. First off let me say how much I hate cleaning. I wish that I could just go to bed and the little cleaning fairies would quietly put everything in order. Can’t you just see them with their little mops and brooms flying around your house have a grand time!

This is where multi-tasking comes into play for me. Since I don’t want to spend my entire day cleaning I try to see how many things I can do at one time.
It’s time to do the Laundry. I start a load while I’m working on lunches /breakfast for my kids. While my kids are eating I unload the dishwasher and put in the dirty ones.
I try to give my kids at least 20 of down time before we leave for school. They play games, watch T.V. or just hang out. While they are hanging out, I’m making all of the beds and cleaning the bathroom since no one knows how to put the tops on the toothpaste, hang up towels and put away all of the junk they use to make themselves beautiful /handsome.
By the time I drop of the kids my first load of laundry is done. I turn to the phone and chat with BFF while I am sweeping then mopping. You have to try this. It seems like no time at all and you have clean floors and you can thank the person that you are talking to!
It is time to fold the laundry.  Perfect timing since your favorite talk show or Soap Opera is on. Fold while you are watching TV., once folding is complete put the clothes away during commercials.  Same goes for dusting and vacuum cleaning. Dust while you watch and vacuum during commercials.

When you think about it’s all really a big game.  Start your day off with a bang. How much can I get done in the two hours?
Now that you have everything completed you can sit back do what you want for the rest of day. Go to lunch with friends, listen to them complain that they have to get back to a messy house and they are never going to finish it before the kids and hubby get home.  Knowing you can go home and eat bon bons if you want to.

Take care,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment